General Atef Yacoub is a renowned figure within Egypt having both senior Governmental positions as well as being the Chairman of various private businesses in Egypt.
Before becoming the founding Chairman of Clean Power Solutions, he headed the Consumer Protection Agency from 2011 until 2018. In addition to his previous work as consultant for Ministers of Environment, Transport, Solidarity, Social Justice and Supply, he is the first ” (UNCTAD) in Geneva in 2016, and currently Chairman of the Committee on Consumer Protection in Comesa, in addition to a previous experience in the local and international committees.
Currently the Chairman of the Consumer Protection Committee for the Comesa Countries.
Members and Activities
Atef has had an extensive and prestigous career within the Egyptian Government. In 2018, Atef was recognised by the BT100 awards for is contribution towards the growth of the Egyptian economy. (BT100 Awards Ceremony)
A prestigous event that hosted more than 600 attendees, including state ministers, headed by Finance Minister Amr El-Garhy, Minister of Housing and Urban Communities Mustafa Madbouly, Minister of Electricity Mahmoud Shaker, Minister of Investment and International Cooperation, Sahar Nasr, Minister of Communications and Information Technology Yasser El-Kady and Minister of Health and Population Ahmed Emad El-Din Rady.
Atef’s previous roles:
- Former senior advisor to the Minister of Supply & Internal Trade.
- Former senior adviser to the Minster of Transport.
- Former senior advisor to the Minister of Environment for Environmental Inspection.
- Former President of the Intergovernmental Group of Experts on Consumer Protection for the United Nations 2016/1027 – Geneva, Switzerland .
- Former President to the Consumer Protection Committee in the Arab League.